Someday We'll Know.
Date : Friday, November 21, 2008
Time : 12:49:00 pm
Title : On Character Building


The importance of punctuality

How long have you ever waited for a person before that person turns up? Or have you ever made someone wait for you for a long period of time? Most of the time, I'm the one waiting for people and sometimes its just... irritating. Some people just lack the urgency. 5 minutes is okay supposingly, nothing beyond that, that's one golden rule that they state.

This morning at 7 am we are supposed to have dry run for CIP but then 40 mins ltr, less than half the team was there & the teachers started bla bla bla bla. All our groupmates are very good at giving excuses. Yah, they let us down, especially those without supplementary classes who come to school early early morning just for the sake of this meeting like me, huimin, khai.. The end result? Nothing done and some had lessons at 8 AM so we were dismissed quite soon enough.

During holiday vacations overseas, especially when we go on tour groups, some families are also not that punctual, making the whole tour wait for them and delaying our set off time and sometimes hindering our destination as we may not have enough time to go to our supposed destination and may have to 'shortchange' the itinenary at bit. Don't they feel bad? Also, I've seen many cases in school where people are just always late late late. Irk!

Punctuality is a habit that people should cultivate. Being on time is not just a habit, but an essential courtesy in any field in life. Like in the field of business, salesman should have punctuality. In sales, punctuality can make a significant difference. Punctuality increases efficiency, productivity and morale. Being on time is also a useful way of demonstrating personal integrity and upkeep and a judgement of your attitude and charcter. (:

Speaking of punctuality, I wonder am I too much of a punctuality freak, too good for my own good or just a good kid who abide by the rules without any abnormalities about that. :/

I don't know but seeing many cases of impunctuality, it just irks me off so I blogged it out. (:


PS: I'm not at home, neither I am in school nor the library. Tsk tsk. Guess where I am!




  • Profile

  • The haywire :D


  • Wishlist/Resolutions

  • - Live life to the fullest
    - Be happy (:
    -
    -

  • Messages




  • Archives

  • November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    April 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    October 2010
    November 2010
    December 2010
    January 2011
    March 2011
    April 2011
    May 2011
    June 2011
    July 2011
    September 2011
    October 2011
    November 2011
    December 2011
    January 2012
    August 2012


  • Weekly reads

  • apocryphalv@lj
    auguriesofinnocence@bs
    blushingdaisies@onsugar
    chadnich@bs
    cheryul.lj
    ken-swh@bs
    loverealitydream@bs
    lurveoutloud@lj
    musicmypassion-madlove@bs
    numbereighteen-lmy@bs
    only-raindrops@bs
    psychedelichearts@bs
    quixotic-angel@bs
    rewounded--@bs
    sillysecret-s@bs
    squidsrfriends@lj
    sweet-getaway@bs
    sweetified-thoughts@bs
    tenberg@bs
    tofu-tofu-tofu@bs
    underthebloodymistletoe@bs


  • Credits

  • Designed by { ★CRUSHthespeaker }
    Thankful to { blogskins l xox }
    Blogged to { 53-percent }



    Get a hit counter code here.