Someday We'll Know.
Date : Sunday, January 18, 2009
Time : 8:56:00 pm
Title : Re: Social


Sometimes, I have many things I want, or wanted to blog about.
But I just don't know how to say it out...

When I see a big group of people hanging out like a clique, I thought of a few of them in the group and wondered, how many of the people in the clique are friends that they are close to and can truly rely on? Are those people really happy being in the group? Or do they just seem to fit in, but the fitting-in part is only superficial? Not that I'm specificially highlighting anyone, but seeing so many social drama going on nowadays, I always think of stuff in my mind.

Sometimes, I wonder
who are the people who'd stay in my life when the rest of the world walks out on me?
who are the friends who are really loyal to me?
who are the peers who are not superficial?
who are the people we can truly rely on?
what kind of friends are the friends in my life?
are my peers, '笑里藏刀'? (direct translation: daggers hidden within smiles)
I know that no man (or women) is perfect, even the closest of friends aren't perfect in every single way, but sometimes, the complexities in this realistic world is profound to comprehend.

From enlightenment I've read about, there are 3 types of friends in our lives.
Friends for a reason, friends for a season, friends for a lifetime.

Friends for a reason are friends who get together for a reason e.g business partners, project teammates, interest-group friends, friends who get together because they're in the same lecture, CCA mates..
Friends for a season are friends for only a period of your life. e.g classmates, army buddies
Friends for a lifetime are friends whom even after graduating, starting work, quitting jobs, getting married and settling families, call you out to catch up and gossip about life's happenings.
Theres only a handful of such people whom we adore in the third category.

So which category does yours belong to?

However, they are some friends who are hard to categorise.
Perhaps its because of the fact that as we grow up, we change environment, we meet new people, have a change in our social circle and we move on, we've outgrown our old friends & even the best of friends become old friends.

There are also some friends who belong to a number of categories.
There are other categories which are unknown.

Whatever the case, I know that I'd treasure friendships, esp special ones, even if we moved on to another phase of our lives where things wouldn't be the same as now. (:



  • Profile

  • The haywire :D


  • Wishlist/Resolutions

  • - Live life to the fullest
    - Be happy (:
    -
    -

  • Messages




  • Archives

  • November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    April 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    October 2010
    November 2010
    December 2010
    January 2011
    March 2011
    April 2011
    May 2011
    June 2011
    July 2011
    September 2011
    October 2011
    November 2011
    December 2011
    January 2012
    August 2012


  • Weekly reads

  • apocryphalv@lj
    auguriesofinnocence@bs
    blushingdaisies@onsugar
    chadnich@bs
    cheryul.lj
    ken-swh@bs
    loverealitydream@bs
    lurveoutloud@lj
    musicmypassion-madlove@bs
    numbereighteen-lmy@bs
    only-raindrops@bs
    psychedelichearts@bs
    quixotic-angel@bs
    rewounded--@bs
    sillysecret-s@bs
    squidsrfriends@lj
    sweet-getaway@bs
    sweetified-thoughts@bs
    tenberg@bs
    tofu-tofu-tofu@bs
    underthebloodymistletoe@bs


  • Credits

  • Designed by { ★CRUSHthespeaker }
    Thankful to { blogskins l xox }
    Blogged to { 53-percent }



    Get a hit counter code here.