|
Date : Saturday, January 03, 2009
Time : 11:16:00 pm Title : The start of an awesome trip. Its high time I start blogging about my Global Classroom Experience Trip to Vietnam.
I wonder, why hasn't anyone bugged me to blog about my trip updates? Haha. Okay, here goes for Day 1. I wanted to blog both Day 1 and Day 2 together, since theres really nothing much on Day 1. But, there are too many photos already. So I will post on 1 day at a time. A picture means a thousand words! But, I have details n some of my thoughts too. Vietnam trip Day 1. Assembled at Changi Airport early in the morning. Before going in to board, many group photos of us were taken by the parents. So, we have many of such photos, as seen below because the parents snapped us non-stop.
Upon reaching Hanoi, we transferred to Friendship Village. Friendship Village is a Residential Treatment Center for victims who were affected by Agent Orange during Vietnam War. Most of the victims are youngsters. The impacts and aftermath of Agent Orange has caused the victims to be deformed, physically, mentally or both. E.g mental handicaps, sensory limitations.. Not all the children there are orphans, many whose whose parents who cant care for them adequately because of poverty, or because of the severity of their own condition or their parents own related health problems. Many of the children are unable to continue in school either as a result of their mental or physical handicaps or because of teasing from other children. The Village provides them with a place to live, access to necessary medical care, and provides constant supervision for the children whose mental problems would otherwise lead them to endanger or harm themselves. We were given quite some time to interact around with the people at the place. we helped out with their artwork, talked to them and some of them are quite friendly & tried to communicate with us. ^^ I was wondering why some didnt respond to our verbal communication, only to find out some of the kids there are deaf and mute. We went outdoors and played games like catching with them too. Some of the kids there are kinda scary (in a rowdy and positive way).. u will know what I mean soon.. This girl below wearing green and white, shes one of a kind in violence! Playful lah..... She can whack people causing them pain. Her strength is massive. Some of the things she did to MANY OF US; -show up from people's back by sudden &.. -pull people hair. hence, some of us have to keep re-tying our hair. re-tie hair, hairband get pulled again. -pull people's pants. -lift up people's jacket with force. -push people very hard from the back (we look like a failed domino rally effect haha) -she can pinch you also. despite the children's conditions, they can be a rowdy bunch & live happily. The good things in life doesnt always have to be material. Performing time. We practised many times for the items back in School! ![]() We left Friendship Village to go to a restaurant for dinner before catching the night train. Its kinda sad as the Friendship Village was like a 'come and go' thing, having only a chance to mingle with them for a short while. The kids there were so carefree, they dont blame anyone for the fate they have. Instead, they just accept it and move on in life. A learning point for us; - Sometimes we must learn how to live with circumstances and learn to move on......... just like me now. Continue. We had dinner. YES, the dishes are served! THIS SPRING ROLL is my FAVOURITE in the trip! Top favourite. We were served spring rolls often throughout the trip, but it doesnt beat the one I ate on the first dinner. Its fried and crisp, munchy & rich & the chilli is just... heaven. Too bad, 4 to set, so each of us could only take 1. :( ![]() After dinner- proceeded to Lao Cai Railway for overnight on board the superior 4-berth cabin. Its very cramped in the cabin. Cramped to the extent that you wont bother to really go and pack. I slept on the upper deck. Kinda scary at first. I thought the ledge wil break on me if I climbed up and down. :x Had group debrief in one of the bunks. Was very tired after the day fully ended and we are left to our own in the privacy of our cosy mini cabins... Though the day didnt start off well cos of some things that went a bit wrong from the start at Changi Airport, things got better. Felt kind of happy to give back to the community through selflessness. I've learnt how to lear to live with other people and learn to get to know the people i'm with if i cant be with the ones I know... Also, must appreciate the things here in Sunny Singapore, seeing people in situations worse than us... Okay I shall not quip my reflections here. I talked to Dear just now. (12:02 AM) Jessica: hey dear (12:03 AM) Jessica: thot u went off for god liao (12:03 AM) Jessica: good*! OMG. thats scary okay! The negative part about typo errors. :( Time to hit the bed before I wake up at 11+ in the morning .. |
The haywire :D - Live life to the fullest - Be happy (: - - November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 August 2012 apocryphalv@lj auguriesofinnocence@bs blushingdaisies@onsugar chadnich@bs cheryul.lj ken-swh@bs loverealitydream@bs lurveoutloud@lj musicmypassion-madlove@bs numbereighteen-lmy@bs only-raindrops@bs psychedelichearts@bs quixotic-angel@bs rewounded--@bs sillysecret-s@bs squidsrfriends@lj sweet-getaway@bs sweetified-thoughts@bs tenberg@bs tofu-tofu-tofu@bs underthebloodymistletoe@bs Designed by { ★CRUSHthespeaker } Thankful to { blogskins l xox } Blogged to { 53-percent }
|
||