Someday We'll Know.
Date : Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Time : 12:06:00 am
Title : POOF!! girl power.


This post is dedicated to: Nur Waheeda Bte Mohtar

As of 03/03/2009, She's legally 18. For the birthday girl, happy 18th birthday! Hope you have fruitful days ahead and use time wisely.. Study hard okay!

Several months ago I promised I will cfm dedicate a post for her when she turns 18 no matter what. I keep to my promise. This post will be pretty lengthy. Hopefully whoever wants to read this has about 8 mins to spare? I've took a lot of time and brains to do this first-time thing since don't know when. :( I tried my best to cut short, if not it will take forever for ur browser to load.

Ok, I want to say a story here about some history.. Perhaps it may sound draggy, the story was drafted long time ago in my brain, I wanna say it out! Since eons ago I have thought of what to write alrd. haha.

Going back all the way back to our mid-teens. We knew each other in SGS during secondary 3, year 2006. Perhaps we may have seen each other in lower secondary, but I have no impression about that. I always felt that the subject Geography got us together. It has happened both in secondary and in Junior College. From the start, it seem like we clicked on immediately. Same species have same wavelengths!

Both of us chose took Geography Elective we were in the same combined class for geo from sec 3 to sec 4. I will see the girl every week during geog class. She, Shafiqah and Nikkila sat in front of Aria and me (Aria was my partner for geog classes). Whenever me and Aria sit together, we seem to drift off to our own world. Then both of us would be unsure of what to do in class.

Thats one of the reason why I started talking to this prefect who sat directly in front of me. Haha. Everytime I will call that girl's name 'waheeda-waheeda' for the sake of asking her questions, like, 'how ur score?' 'What topic you study?' 'hows your other subjects?' 'hows ur preparation for exams?' or just for the sake of talking to her for the fun of it or just to kill time. When O levels were approaching, I asked her whether she wanted JC or Poly, & found out we had the same preferences.

Me: You want to go JC or Poly after sec 4? Tell me, we go together! :D
Wada: Don't know. I'm considering Anderson JC. If not, Poly. Not sure yet, must see results. You?
Me: I also want Anderson JC!.. Near my house!! But don't think can get in. wapiang, 10 points.. zzz. Nvm, we can still work hard and go together! I will choose Poly bah. Which course you want? Wada: Not sure, still considering..
Me: I think you will go JC lah. You got that JC face. You tell me where you going, I follow you okay!


Be it whether the topic was craps that came out from my nonsensical mouth or studies, I always feel great talking to her. Woohoo! We made so much noise in class that the teacher keep 'picking' on our group to shut up/keep quiet/pay attention/stop talking/look in front/oioioioi.. The sound of laughter spreaded very fast... can't blame the kids in front of me who are concentrating. I started everything. :D Aria couldn't tolerate my over- hyperness sometimes too.

One year later, both of us really landed in the same JC. -__- call it coincidence or fated?

My first time impression of Waheeda was very good.. capable, focused... Sitting behind her, I can tell shes concentrating. Looking back, its so funny how I keep disturbing her. I feel a bit bad. :S Everytime I disturb her, she still manage to concentrate & mug. she has the brains, looks, grades, feminine demeanour. Hahaha. I feel a bit malu to say out. :/ Maybe it was because I admired her, thats why I always look up to her in Geog class (I'm staight as a pencil can be btw).

I miss those days of kicking her chair to make her turn back and kacau-ing her. We weren't close at all in during our days in SGS. Its just that we chit-chat a lot during geog classes.

Year 2007 ended, we graduated from SGS and came year 2008. I got posted to Millennia Institute for PAE-first intake, while all my good/best/close friends got posted to Serangoon JC. I only kept in touch with a few special people in my secondary school, Xiao Qian also went SRJC during PAE. I heard that Cherie, Xiao qian and Waheeda hang out together often. O Level results came out in late January. I remembered Cherie Ang and I was constantly in touch during that period. JAE Posting results came out, Cherie and I got posted to SRJC. Cherie told me Waheeda also got posted to the same school, and we both agreed to go school together on the first day of school, 20 Feb.

Waheeda was standing at SR's bus stop that very morning. I hadn't seen that girl for ages and was quite happy+surprised to see her standing there.... She looked cheery as usual. Hehe. I talked to Waheeda and was close to the verge of tears when I asked her why she want to change course. it sounds stupid, but serious. I was very pissed because no one from sgs was in the same course as me.. My best friends went Poly. Lonely yo!

We were all in different OGs, during Orientation period, we had temporary timetables, those were the days where we could crash any lectures we want. Free-&-Easy Mode, simple as that. Due to the odd subjects I take, its super hard to find people who take my subjects. So for certain subjects, I spent time with myself in the school. lalala. So alone right. My besties went Poly, I have got no close friends there.. the transition from Secondary School to JC was a bit scary then. But looking back now, its quite thrilling. :D

Till March, in the afternoon, theres a slot for the Geography Bridging Lecture. I coincidentially met Waheeda outside LT1. I still roughly remember the conversation.
Me: Hi! What lecture you having? I have geog lecture now.
Wada: H2 Geography is it? I also take H2 geog.
Me: You also H2? Wheeee! You going bridging lecture?
Wada: I don't know. Don't feel like going bridging. You going? If you go, then I go with you
Me: Yea I want to go!
Wada: Ok, I go with you!


we sat together in the bridging lecture, we kept asking each other about continents and where oceans were located and how to draw this and that. Fun right? Those were the days, sigh.

Ever since then, a twist of fate happened, we became good friends. Thats why I said Geography always bring us together. She told me what she wanted to pursue in University. I think that we may reunite again in a local University.

Still reading? NONONO I'm not telling out here what we want to pursue!

Weirdly, it really seems that Waheeda and I were two of a kind. We really belonged to the same-species category. For some reasons, we hung out together during breaks and lunch almost everytime, it seems like we were couples who can't live without each other, and the whole world knew that we were best friends. We seem to be there for each other.

The whole JC1 H2 Geography Cohort is combined into one Lecture Hall for lectures, my class occupied the forefront of the seats, while Waheeda's class sat at the middle row. (So she was behind me) I always turn back to look at her, only to catch her smiling and looking at me. Hehe. To me, the most fun thing about Geog lecture was that we had each other to look at. Sounds kiddish right -.- but heck! =P I always say, 'in secondary school, u sat in front of me for geog. In JC, u sat behind me for geog. In Uni? We will sit next to each other!'

Perhaps she was the reason why I wasn't an official loner in school.

Several weeks and even months into JC life, we were very close. Seems like we always had each other for company. During June holidays where we went off 1 month vacation, we weren't really soooo close yet I think. It took time. September came the month of promo exams. Towards the ends of promos, I saw her online on MSN, her online routine started & our craps continued.

She told us she will be quitting SRJC right after promos. She really did. Its an emotional roller coaster for some & I believe she felt the same way towards her too... She decided to take another route. She came back to take her MT paper and that put a close to our high school life with each other.



After she left college, it seems that I was the only one who kept in constant touch with her & meet up often. We talk online and on the phone about everything under the sun, the moon, the sky, the trees and on the earth. Our dearest sgssr clique whom we were very close to went to her house together for Hari Raya.

I love wawa!

i think she hasn't send me the 2nd group photo. :x


I was the only one constantly talking to her still, & we gave each other support. After I was done with my year 1 A Level papers, we fixed a date to gelek-gelek and shop.

our first date(:

On our dates, we tok photos to the extent that I think the cameras gets jealous.. We took many3 photos for most of our dates.
I played with the photo software for all these ok!



not forgetting our camwhoring sessions in esplanade's toilet on many occassions.

See? We took many nice-nice photos ^^

Friends think we are inseparable. We met each other many times during the hols. December came, both of us went overseas for quite some time. We didn't see each other for close to a month cos we were busy with certain commitments, but still we can gossip on the phone for more than 1 hour pretty often.





We went out together on Christmas Day and 31st dec for a short while.

Many things happened since this year. I can't reveal much here. One on night there was an MSN glitch and I had problems delivering msgs from my point of view and so I didn't mean to spam your convt. window. The limitations of technology. I know the comp can't entirely be blamed.
I should have handled impulsiveness. I didn't mean to lash out in such an exaggerated way on those nights.
Due to self-censorship, there are many things that ain't convenient blog out here.

Sometimes I wonder whether shes really true to me for the past one year. Yes, my heart thinks that the friendship has always came from the bottom of the heart, for sure. It can be felt. I try not to have any doubts. Many times I wondered have I been a good friend? what does she thinks of me? Maybe things were meant to be there only for only a season, not a lifetime?

People say many things in life happen for a reason. If things are meant to be yours, it will be yours. Perhaps she was only meant to be in my life for a reason and a season? Maybe, providence up there has planned out everything from the start. I know I know such things can't be coerced. Maybe God wanted us to be there for each other to assist one another through some difficulty, to provide each other with guidance and support, to aid each other physically, emotionally n spiritually. It may seem something that is godsend. Then our time for each other had to be up, I don't know?

You may not believe, but I always have a feeling that the fellow up there has been behind things. Maybe theres a reason why the school didn't fulfill her wish, why I couldn't get along with them, why she decided to change her mind, why we both took geog all along, why she chose to pick a certain route. All these things made us close friends that are so open about anything.

I still believe that we'll meet again in the University, perhaps becoming hallmates, who knows. We could have graduated from JC in the same year, guess destiny decided otherwise. You just had to go away for awhile to do some learning and growing of your own. Too bad, I decided to walk the harder path. But I guess we'd see each other in the Uni again, right? I'm sure you can be the top 5% of the cohort. No one said the route to Uni was ever easy and no sweat.

I'm glad to know this special girl. She taught me a lot about life, living, laughter, love. Yay! I will never forget the fun times in sec sch, the super fun times in JC and the great times outside school. The laughter, the tears, the sharings, the ups and downs.. Though things may never be the same anymore, I'm blessed enough to have her as my bestie once. I wouldn't trade any of my experiences with her for another though. Thanks for always being there for me.

All the best for exam results!


The End.

Sorry if any of you all went x_X, O.o or if this post made ur eyes @_@.

xoxo,
Hu Huazhen

PS: I hope you do remember me.

Labels:




  • Profile

  • The haywire :D


  • Wishlist/Resolutions

  • - Live life to the fullest
    - Be happy (:
    -
    -

  • Messages




  • Archives

  • November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    April 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    October 2010
    November 2010
    December 2010
    January 2011
    March 2011
    April 2011
    May 2011
    June 2011
    July 2011
    September 2011
    October 2011
    November 2011
    December 2011
    January 2012
    August 2012


  • Weekly reads

  • apocryphalv@lj
    auguriesofinnocence@bs
    blushingdaisies@onsugar
    chadnich@bs
    cheryul.lj
    ken-swh@bs
    loverealitydream@bs
    lurveoutloud@lj
    musicmypassion-madlove@bs
    numbereighteen-lmy@bs
    only-raindrops@bs
    psychedelichearts@bs
    quixotic-angel@bs
    rewounded--@bs
    sillysecret-s@bs
    squidsrfriends@lj
    sweet-getaway@bs
    sweetified-thoughts@bs
    tenberg@bs
    tofu-tofu-tofu@bs
    underthebloodymistletoe@bs


  • Credits

  • Designed by { ★CRUSHthespeaker }
    Thankful to { blogskins l xox }
    Blogged to { 53-percent }



    Get a hit counter code here.