Someday We'll Know.
Date : Saturday, May 30, 2009
Time : 9:00:00 pm
Title : Living life on the net!


MyHotComments.com

TOPIC OF THE DAY: INTERNET ANONYMITY, ACCESSIBILITY AND PRIVACY.

DISCLAIMER: This is a RANT and volatile voice-out. A real rant. This post may sound serious, or sound like I'm bitching, but this is NOT TARGETTING AT ANYONE. If you think otherwise, all I can say is, YOU'RE FEELING GUILTY. If you feel easily offended, then practise self-censorship (ask me if you don't know what it means) or exit from this blog.


Some people think some internet users have no rights/are wrong to view people's things on the net... Well let me tell you, there are a lot of kaypoh people who can bloghop, profilehop and google for hours and hours. They simply like to go around looking at what people post, what they did for the past 1 week, what happened during their overseas trip, what display pictures they have put on MSN, what PMs they have, what they have been doing on facebook. They pry in cyberspace, Lol. Yes some people are very free to go around exploring the whole world's stuff on the web............

I DO ALL THAT. Yes I'm curious, I'm kaypo, I'm inquisitive. I like to pry on any stuff I like as long as it is public. Any problem with that?

WE LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY WITH FREEDOM IN CYBERSPACE OKAY! ER, REASONABLE FREEDOM.

Ok I will talk about some issues here...

1. Freedom to view blogs
- If your blog is PUBLIC, meaning its open for the whole world to see, then possiblities are, you will have a global audience. Thus, bear in mind that ANYONE WHO HAS ACCESS TO CYBERSPACE can have access to your blog if they stumble upon it or find it! So, don't complain/kpkb if you find someone whom you least expect to or don't want to viewing your blog. People can access what they want on the net, right? So don't say people thinking that they've invaded your privacy.

- Is it wrong for someone to bloghop? And there's nothing wrong with bloglurking (i.e, lurking around people's blogs)! Blogsites are meant to be vieweed by netizens right? If you don't want people to lurk and creep around your stuff, then lock ur blog or don't open one in the first place! Go keep a book journal instead!

2. Blog Links
-For more than 95% of the blogs you go to, there will be linking of other blogger's blog URL. Blogger link up their friends and contacts for easy access. If you link someone, anyone who enters your blog can click on your links also. If someone links you, anyone who go to that person's blog can chance upon your blog too. Same morale, IF YOU LIKE YOUR BLOG TO BE KEPT HUSH HUSH OR TO A LOW PROFILE AS LOW AS POSSIBLE, call your friends not to link you or better still, private ur blog!

-Links work like that- A links B, B links C, C links D. D links A and B.... viewers can click here click there on whatever links they want. The blogging world has no privacy like that.

-Yes you may not know but I MAY have entered your blog........ If I tell you whose blog I view you will go 'wow... u so resourceful..'

3. PRIVATE blogs.
-Okay, you choose to private your blog and you only allow your closest friends in, so you send them an invitation to view ur blog and they have to log in. Do you know that an blogger invitation to view a blog lasts for a month? EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR FRIEND TO VIEW YOUR BLOG ANYMORE, YES YOU CAN REMOVE HIM/HER FROM YOUR ALLOW LIST BUT HE/SHE CAN STILL ACCESS IT FOR UP TO A MONTH! If your friend keeps the invitation email, he/she can access your blog through the email!

-PUT IT SIMPLY, THE PERSON WHO GETS THE INVITATION DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO LOG IN THROUGH YOUR BLOG HOMEPAGE. A CLICK ON THE LINK IN THAT EMAIL AND BINGO, ACCESS IS GAINED! So stop ranting, raving, complaining, whining, cursing like a **** thinking that your blog is being hacked or that someone is stalking your blog. ignorant as*****.

4. MSN Profiles
-Yeah, you right-click a contact on MSN, you can view that contact's profile. You can see their recent updates, first name and last name, the display pics they have/had, the PMs they have/had. So yeah.... Your friend being offline doesn't mean he/she won't see whats going on with ur page and network.. Again, stop raving why people peep at ur profile. Kaypoh people do have the rights to lurk around..

5. Facebook/other social networking websites
-Most of us post photos up there, esp facebook. We tag here tag there, tag photos everywhere, all sorts of photos also tag! Lets say someone who do not have any of my friends in his list, tag me some photos from his album. My friends, although his not their friend, can still access his photo album and view ALL the photos! In case some people don't know, when you tag someone, even strangers can have access to your album unless you modify your private settings of that album to 'Only friends'. So stop kpkb-ing like a b**** saying people 8gua, bossy, kaypoh, everything about people also must kaypoh.........

-In Facebook, you can see your friend's friend's friend from like, a lot of places in facebook. Maybe you can even access your friend's friend's restaurant/house.

-In these kind of social networking sites, we can search for WHOEVER WE WANT TO. Cannot do some harmless kaypoh is it? I do search up my teachers and acquaintances OK! Who not happy with me about this, come find me.

-THIS APPLIES TO OTHER SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES.

6. Google.
-We can all find out our research, whatever we want by typing something in with google. To find someone's blog, I can find through google (I just did that today. Again, don't look at me like that- WE ALL HAVE RIGHTS TO SURF THE NET RIGHT!!?). To find a lost friend, we can search through google. To find a class list or school list, we can search through google (E.G PAE List, orientation list, OGL list.. I DID ALL THAT TOO). I can even google your name and find some news about you. Don't think just because you keep a low profile about your life, doesn't mean people won't find out about you on the internet.

-Your photos may also be found around the web, if people are hardworking enough to search it. So if I say I seen who and who's photos somewhere around the net, don't say 'ehh you very what leh.. so kaypo'. F******. INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET IS AVAILABLE TO THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD (WWW)!


7. Staying anonymous?
-The internet has a certain level of anonymity for us to stay unknown. But bear in mind there are softwares to track who has been viewing a page, or a site and the IP address and many many information can be found out through these softwares. Think twice before you do anything funny.

____________________________________________________

Kk don't hate me.

Who doesn't agree that netizens cannot pry and lurk around? Tell me. I will sit down with you for tea and talk with you.



Replies to tags:

To Jovien-

YAY! I'm always the first cause I bloghop often. I bloghop around everywhere. :D
glad that you enjoy playing with my dummy sheeps! HAHA!! They're fun and cute right?


To quraishah-
You're linked, my dear!

To joyce-
its up to you whether to revive it or not. :)
You can still enter my blog on a regular basis and tag! =))

To idah-
No, not okay!
Tah ok :/



  • Profile

  • The haywire :D


  • Wishlist/Resolutions

  • - Live life to the fullest
    - Be happy (:
    -
    -

  • Messages




  • Archives

  • November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    April 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    October 2010
    November 2010
    December 2010
    January 2011
    March 2011
    April 2011
    May 2011
    June 2011
    July 2011
    September 2011
    October 2011
    November 2011
    December 2011
    January 2012
    August 2012


  • Weekly reads

  • apocryphalv@lj
    auguriesofinnocence@bs
    blushingdaisies@onsugar
    chadnich@bs
    cheryul.lj
    ken-swh@bs
    loverealitydream@bs
    lurveoutloud@lj
    musicmypassion-madlove@bs
    numbereighteen-lmy@bs
    only-raindrops@bs
    psychedelichearts@bs
    quixotic-angel@bs
    rewounded--@bs
    sillysecret-s@bs
    squidsrfriends@lj
    sweet-getaway@bs
    sweetified-thoughts@bs
    tenberg@bs
    tofu-tofu-tofu@bs
    underthebloodymistletoe@bs


  • Credits

  • Designed by { ★CRUSHthespeaker }
    Thankful to { blogskins l xox }
    Blogged to { 53-percent }



    Get a hit counter code here.