|
Date : Thursday, June 18, 2009
Time : 4:05:00 pm Title : Past tenses, future tenses. Life is a game of juggling, where we have to juggle many different balls. Things like work is a rubber ball- if you drop it, it will bounce back. Things like family, friends, health are like balls made of glass. Once you drop it, you'll never get it back.
![]() “We’ll definitely be best friends forever,” you hear yourself saying. Your best friend gives a slight nod of the head, and you smile. Have you ever done something similar to this? Or maybe you’ve made a vow similar to this in the past. Many of these vows are done at a young age, preferably during childhood, sometimes even in secondary or high school years, unaware of the changes this vow may cause in the future. When we were young, we were innocent, we think that nothing changes, everything will stay the way it is, blissfully. You do not have a fixed defination of what 'friends' are, life is carefree during childhood. You don't know how friendship happens, or how it started, but you and your best friend may have a common interest and have no clue what will happen when you grow up. As we grow older, circumstances change us, things change, people change, interest changes. Friends go to different schools, move homes and stuffs. That changes relationships and friendships. Both change and you find that you are not on the same page with each other. Best friends drift apart. Some become enemies after incidents, things go wrong, situation change, friendships are broken. There would really come a time were both will be separated from each other coz they can't be together all the time. I mean, they have different goals in life and I think that'll separate them from each other. We meet new people. We grow up, mature and move on. Looking at the friendships I saw, sometimes, shit happens. Just a mere few months, great friends can become enemies. Why? Why things change within a short period of time? Whom used to be so close now become close to strangers. The people you know became people you knew. Everything changes. The distance, the friendships, the school. I heard so much of promises. Like, 'I'll be your best friend for life'', ''I won't forget you'', ''I won't neglect someone special like you'', ''we will be in touch forever''. The friendship promises that were once made are now null and void. Words fall short. The times spent became memories left to reminisce. The cards, letters and gifts now become objects for looking back at the good times. You make effort to keep in touch, people may not do the same. Why is there not even a text or a call? Not even a cyberspace message.
___________________________________________________ I used to refute those who say that there are no such things as friends forever. I will say 'NO. ___ and me will be best friends forever, for life.' But now? I will say that 'besties' do exist, but what about 'friends forever', or even 'best friends for life'? I think it's one in a million if people can stay best friends for life. Blood runs thicker than water. Maybe, the only friends you can count on for life are people who share your blood. Maybe... |
The haywire :D - Live life to the fullest - Be happy (: - - November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 May 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 September 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 August 2012 apocryphalv@lj auguriesofinnocence@bs blushingdaisies@onsugar chadnich@bs cheryul.lj ken-swh@bs loverealitydream@bs lurveoutloud@lj musicmypassion-madlove@bs numbereighteen-lmy@bs only-raindrops@bs psychedelichearts@bs quixotic-angel@bs rewounded--@bs sillysecret-s@bs squidsrfriends@lj sweet-getaway@bs sweetified-thoughts@bs tenberg@bs tofu-tofu-tofu@bs underthebloodymistletoe@bs Designed by { ★CRUSHthespeaker } Thankful to { blogskins l xox } Blogged to { 53-percent }
|
||